Daily Fintech strives for transparency and trust when it comes to protecting your privacy and we aim to clearly explain how we collect and process your information. It is important to us that you should enjoy using our products, services and website(s) without compromising your privacy in any way. This policy outlines how we collect and use different types of personal and behavioral information, and the reasons for doing so. You have the right to access, change or delete your personal information at any time.
Our policies will be updated from time-to-time. Please refer back regularly to keep yourself updated.
This policy applies to “users” and “customers” (or “you”) of Daily Fintech; that is, anyone ordering, registering or interacting with any product or service from any Daily Fintech business. This includes subscribers, website users, customers, event attendees etc.
Collection and use of your information
The information you provide us, and that which we gather based on your activity, can help us to deliver more relevant content as well as to create a more seamless experience across the products and channels through which you may access that content.
We collect and store some information about you in order to deliver products and services to you (such as your subscription). We share some of that information with trusted suppliers (including payment providers) to ensure the delivery of those products and services, or to give personalized recommendations on things we think will be of interest to you. We also collect information when you use our products and services and further details are provided below.
Information you provide us
There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the products and services that you have chosen, such as:
- Email address
- Payment details
Information we collect through your use of our products
When you use any of our online services, we collect information that helps us to deliver the service you have chosen and to improve your experience. This is done through Cookies and other technologies. Examples of the type of information we may collect are:
- Email provider
- The pages you read on our websites and how you got to them
- IP address
- Internet connection
- Location (in some cases)
You can also volunteer to disclose additional information which may not be essential for us to deliver a service to you. By providing it you help us to ensure we communicate with you in a way that is most relevant, useful and engaging for you. We may collect and ask for additional information when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of our products or services in any way, for example in person, via our marketing campaigns, via phone or mail order, or our websites.
Information we do not track
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
How we use your information
We primarily use your information for the purpose of delivering the products and services that you have chosen and to personalize our interactions with you. For further details about this, and other ways we may use your information, please read the sections below.
To provide products and services;
- To fulfil your orders and contracts with us (across all our products and services, today and in the future); this includes our third party payment providers.
- To manage your access to our online content and apps, and to send you content via push notifications, newsletters and subscriptions if you have requested us to do so.
- To send you service notifications related to your product or service such as subscription renewal notifications, password resets and order confirmations.
- To manage customer service queries and complaints.
- To manage your privacy preferences and to ensure you only receive communications that you have requested, which may include using your details to suppress you from communications.
- To send you administrative emails about your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that you have selected.
- To detect and reduce fraud including fraudulent orders.
- To prevent users from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our site.
Other uses of your information
Other than where we have asked for your consent, we mainly rely on two other separate bases to lawfully use your information. First, we need to use your information in certain ways to provide our products and/or services to you, in accordance with our contracts with you. In this case, it is necessary for us to use your information so that we can deliver the products and/or services you have chosen. Second, as described in more detail below, in certain cases, we may use your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests:
- To measure customer and user response and engagement with our products and services such as online content, email newsletters and subscription offers. This may include sharing your information with third parties who help us to analyze and measure these things.
- To ensure our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors.
- To help us improve our customer and user experience and to support in new product development. We may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires (for which we may share your information with third party suppliers employed by us).
- To detect and reduce fraudulent activity and for other security related purposes such as to help us protect against harassment, IP infringement, crime or other security issues.
- For any purpose required by law or regulation and to verify information that we provide to third parties for compliance and audit purposes.
You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information Please contact us if you wish to do so. We will consider all objections reasonably, but there may be legal reasons where we deem that the use of your information is still appropriate. We will explain our decision to you in a timely manner.
Daily Fintech also publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn through both “organic” and “paid” methods to reach current and potential readers:
- “Organic” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they may appear in your social platform’s content, without being promoted or forced to appear more prominently, e.g. Daily Fintech’s LinkedIn page.
- “Paid” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they will appear more prominently, or be shown to users that do not currently follow Daily Fintech’s social pages e.g. a promoted tweet on your Twitter timeline.
We may place one or more social media platform “tags” on our website in order to better understand how Daily Fintech may be of best value to you by providing you with the most relevant content available according to what you have chosen to read on our own websites. These tags only record information around events to help us understand if you are registered or subscribed with us, so that we may use your reading preferences to provide more relevant content and/or offers to you, on social media platforms, e.g. removing subscription offers from your feed if you are a current subscriber.
We do not have direct access to your personal data on your social media platforms.
How we use your information to personalize the content
To enable us to personalize the content you see (including on social media), we may use your interaction and browsing behavior or preferences (such as how and what you read on our websites and our apps). This is to enable content and message personalization to be delivered to you or a group of users with similar interests to you. This can be done both on our site and on those of third parties.
We may analyze your individual information to create a profile of your interests and preferences as a part of an audience. These insights are used to help us make marketing decisions so that we can ensure our messages are relevant to you. There are times we may use additional information available from external sources to help us do this effectively (see “How we work with third parties section” below).
How we work with third parties
As mentioned, in some instances, we disclose personal information to third parties when it is necessary to deliver a service and/or product, or to help us improve your experience with us, or when we are required to do so by contract or law. “Third parties” include agents, subcontractors, sponsors and other associated organizations. We have in place contracts to ensure the information remains secure and limited in use, and if we do not have a legitimate business reason to pass on your information, we will ask you to give consent first. Some examples of when we share your information are below:
- When you make a payment on any of our sites your payment will be processed by a specialist payment processor to ensure a secure transaction. All payment processors used by Daily Fintech are compliant with required security standards.
- When we send you an email or a push notification, these are delivered by platforms we use for publishing, forums and marketing. As part of this service, certain information such as message opens, clicks and formatting are recorded to help deliver the best email experience.
- When we test and launch new products, services or offers, we may work with trusted third parties to support us.
- We also employ third parties to carry out statistical analyses and conduct surveys on our behalf.
- To provide information for auditing purposes by official regulators.
- To enhance your profile with non-personal information.
Retaining and storing your information
We securely store your information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order provide our services and products to you in accordance with (i) applicable law, or (ii) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
Keeping your information safe
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
Individuals under 16
Daily Fintech does not intentionally, or knowingly, process personal information from individuals under the age of 16. When necessary, users under the age of 16 will be told not to submit any personal details. We will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
Cookies are small files that are created in your web browser when you visit any of our websites.
What are my rights under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)?
You have a right to ask us for information we hold about you, please write to us at the address below including the subject line, “Subject Access Request”, so that we can respond as promptly as possible.
You also have the right to ask for us to update, delete or stop processing information we hold about you. However, please note that there are circumstances in which complete erasure of your information or ceasing to process your information will not be possible for operational, legal and business reasons. This may include if you remain a customer for whom we need to provide services, or if you wish us to no longer contact you for marketing purposes. In this case we may need to retain some of your details securely in order to facilitate this request by, for example, keeping you on a “do not contact” or suppression list. This will be the only purpose for which your data will be used if this is the case.
Changes to this policy
Who we are and how to contact us
Daily Fintech Ltd
Registered Office: Suite Suite 2a Blackthorn House, St Pauls Square, B3 1RL