As we step into the second half of Q2, the conference circuit is buzzing. Several events are lined up with an impressive cast of speakers, spanning inspirational founders, global leaders, senior investors, rising stars and so on. Not surprising, given that the insurance industry is facing its most profound disruption in decades. Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, blockchain, data analytics and other emerging technologies are enabling start-ups and adjacent players to take away parts of carriers’ businesses.
A promising event occurring in the next week, Insurtech Insights USA includes well-renowned speakers , who will share their insights about the future of insurance. Last year, 800 of the world’s leading executives, entrepreneurs and investors from all over the world had gathered for this event. This year, the event is being held during 25th-26th May at New York.
The mix of the audience is expected to be:
- Insurtechs (24%), who will have opportunities to understand the market and problems they are challenged with solving.
- Insurers (38%), who would look to forge commercial partnerships and explore new ways of doing business with insurtech.
- Investors (17%) , who can meet the entrepreneurs shaping the future of insurance and scout for partnerships with insurance companies.
The key themes include: a) Customer engagement b) Claims management using emerging technologies c) Future of insurance firms d) Integration between new tech and legacy systems e) Industry partnerships between incumbents and startups.
A few of the noteworthy keynote session speakers include Rob Schimek of bolttech, a CEO who crossed the chasm from insurance to insurtech and will talk about his personal experience. The Chief Digital Officer at Gallagher, responsible for developing stellar digital products and empowering data insights to insurer markets and brokered clients, will talk about how the future begins today.
There are a multitude of engaging topics, with most sessions hosting 3+ SMEs. Many of these themes have been a regular focus of my dailyfintech insurtech posts. The following list includes the major session tracks. Alongside each is a link to a corresponding dailyfintech post, for easy reference.
- Automated UW: Underwriter’s Gambit
- Insurance for small business: Next Wave Of
- Data Partnerships: Reshape Commercial Risk Underwriting
- Embedded Insurance: Fleetfooted Giants Trailblaze
- Evolving Risk Landscape: Taking stock
- Parametric Tech: Microinsurance Opportunities, Enablers
- Cyber Threats: State of the Market
- Regulatory Landscape: Sandboxes Chug Along
- Ecosystem Strategy: The Ecosystem Rush
- Home of the Future: Internet of (Insured) Things
- Claims Automation: State of Modernization
- Metaverse: Web3 In Insurance
- Sustainability Agenda: Climate Themes
- Seamless customer experience: Embedded, Frictionless CX
- Future of Automobile: Mobility Giants Enter Insurance
Other events during ’22:
- 25th-26th May: Digital Transformation in Insurance in London will focus on customer engagement and operational agility and staying relevant in the digital age.
- 14th-16th June: Underwriting Innovation Europe 2022 will cover automation and digitization to achieve operational excellence and efficiency.
- 15th June: OnRamp Insurance Conference in Minneapolis will include innovations disrupting the insurance industry, the leaders making such innovations possible.
- 22th-23th June: Future of Insurance USA 2022 — Reuters, in Chicago will cover technology and data, strategy and innovation, customer and distribution, product innovation and risk.
- 27th-29th June: Claims Innovation USA, a 2-day virtual event, plus 1 day of live networking in Chicago will bring together 1,000+ insurers, brokers, managing general agents, insurtech and industry experts to gain cutting edge claims intelligence insights.
- 18th-21th September: NAMIC 127th annual convention at Dallas focuses on emerging issues and company operation education.
- 20th-22th September: ITC event at Las Vegas will cover new innovations in the global insurtech space and multiple opportunities to increase productivity, reduce costs, and ultimately to enrich the lives of policyholders.
- 7th-11th October: Insurance Leadership Forum 2022 at Colorado Springs will allow the opportunity to get involved in business strategy, relationship-building, market intelligence and business discussions.
You get 3 free articles on Daily Fintech. After that you will need to become a member for just US$143 a year (= $0.39 per day) and get all our fresh content and our archives and participate in our forum.