All good things become other good things and as such will be my tenure at the Daily Fintech. Seventeen months ago, I was welcomed to the blog’s author cohort by DF’s Managing Editor, Bernard Lunn. In the ensuing period I was a privileged author working with and conveying insurance and Insurtech news and goings-ons. I’ll take this finale column to thank you and recall some of the weekly Insurtech columns that struck a chord with me.
Patrick Kelahan is a CX, engineering & insurance consultant, working with Insurers, Attorneys & Owners. He also serves the insurance and Fintech world as the ‘Insurance Elephant’. Image source
How does one take a last pass at composing an article after many months of doing just that every Thursday? A run through one’s work.
- In reviewing the collection of articles, I was pleasantly reminded that one of my first columns was on parametric insurance as a good option to consider for many risks:
Parametric Insurance- The Least Known Best Response to Unfortunate Happenings
I’m still a strong advocate for the option, and have posted multiple selections since that March 2019 article.
- The Insurance Elephant was introduced to Daily Fintech readers in April, 2019:
Insurtech Adherents Must See the Elephant is Insurance
And the beast remains active within the insurance jungle.
- A favorite topic for investigation and discussion- Lemonade Insurance, and a favorite interview with he who spoke of legendary Ulysses and game theory- Daniel Schreiber:
Enjoying a Cool Discussion of insurance- Lemonade- not too sweet, not too sour
The company and its CEO will continue to be a subject of my interest.
- An article title that tickled my unique perspective:
Words are fun.
- Raising the alarm in March 22020 for business interruption cover claims coming for pandemic closures and how that cover will disappoint:
A realization that has been all too stark regarding cover for millions of businesses.
It was a stroll through insurance news nostalgia as I prepared this swan song article:
- Almost 25,000 views of my articles since March 2019. Of course, those numbers pale in comparison with those of colleagues Bernard Lunn, Efi Pylarinou, Ilias Louis Hatzis, Jessica Ellerm, and Arun Krishnakumar.
- Thanks to good friend Stephen Goldstein who introduced me to Daily Fintech, Bernard Lunn, and whose editorial style was an inspiration.
- Loving thanks to my better half who tolerated Wednesday deadlines.
- Special thanks to professional connections who were kind enough to engage in reading and commenting on articles.
- A tip of the bonnet to my H2M colleague, Chris Casaleggio, who supported my efforts and helped with distribution of the articles through links and websites.
Please be on eager outlook for the gentleman to whom I will pass the Insurtech baton. I know him to be a knowledgeable and detailed technical writer with deep connections with the insurance sector. His entry will be announced for the next column.
Thank you all for your support- it will not be forgotten. The Insurance Elephant will be around and about blazing different paths.
You get three free articles on Daily Fintech; after that you will need to become a member for just US $143 per year ($0.39 per day) and get all our fresh content and archives and participate in our forum.