It’s the end of 2019, an auspicious year for insurance and InsurTech, and it’s the end of the year with expectations in the business world for business results and (hopeful) bonuses. And of course there is the wondrous shadow of December holidays over all, with visions of sugarplums dancing in heads.
Not everyone celebrates a Christmas holiday, Chanukah, or Eid, but one cannot avoid the end of year holiday gifting and hopes.
In keeping with that spirit this final InsurTech column for 2019 wishes all well for the season and bright things for 2020.
Patrick Kelahan is a CX, engineering & insurance professional, working with Insurers, Attorneys & Owners. He also serves the insurance and Fintech world as the ‘Insurance Elephant’.
There are some friends and businesses for whom its hoped that Santa/Father Christmas/whoever finds holiday gifts. All deserving, all have been good this year.
- Parametric insurance– better understanding within the industry of its opportunities for cover and dramatic growth
- John Bachmann, Social Survey– more vowels so his customer experience video series can carry on into 2020
- Zurich Insurance- Mark Budd and Nicola Cannings– full subscription for its innovation contest
- Erika Kriszan– recognition as the founder of the quietest best InsurTech conference- MOI Vienna
- IRDAI– prudence in choosing the twenty participants in the Indian insurance sandbox
- Coverager– all the respect they deserve for keeping the insurance industry informed
Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together. Lidia Bastianich
- Paolo Sironi– a platform to expose his finance and economics ‘chops’ to a broader audience
- The Daily Fintech– continued recognition as a best-in-class Fintech/InsurTech/blockchain/crypto resource, and being seen as the best value within the respective blogs’ world
- Michael Porpora– a project for 2020 that outdoes his 2019 365 days of connections
- Robin Kiera– a championship for the Hamburg football team
- Nomaan Bashir– 2% of GDP insurance cover penetration within the Pakistani market
- Lloyd’s of London– a balance beam to help the venerable institution integrate business and org change into its 300-year-old club
- Insurance Nerds– continued traction advocating for insurance and continuity of the many of are privileged to work in insurance jobs
The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us. Terri Marshall
- Benekiva– beneficiary first in every life insurance company’s stocking
- Ukrainian InsurTechs– realization that there are great things happening in the industry there that have nothing to do with global politics
- Intellect SEEC– more storage capacity to hold all those data
- The California Dept of Insurance– an understanding that best intentions can produce unintended consequences
- Lemonade Insurance– markers of many colors to try as an alternative to magenta
- Rahul Mather– rest.
- Road Warriors– time at home
Merry Merry and Happy New Year.