Daily Fintech, the analysis driven online publication, is announcing a team of global fintech leaders who will serve as on-going advisors on our editorial direction. The team is called the Deans List to reflect Daily Fintech’s focus on producing high-quality, insightful and independent fintech analysis that one associates with higher learning.
The initial list of five Deans results from Daily Fintech’s thorough vetting process that takes into account their professional achievements and track record related to the transformation of financial services through technology. The five Deans today are (in alphabetical order by family name):
- Patrick Bucquet, Senior Partner and Co-Founder of Chappuis Halder & Co., an international management consulting firm dedicated to financial services, founded in 2009, operating globally from a Swiss head office.
- Thomas Dunn, Chairman at Orbian, the longest-established firm in the Supply Chain Finance industry, with many awards including program-specific award recognition with Osram, Siemens and General Mills, Inc. Thomas Dunn and Orbian were profiled on Daily Fintech here.
- Sheldon Freedman, Fintech Lawyer, at Hassans International Law Firm, a multi-services law firm based in Gibraltar with a strong Fintech and Blockchain practice. Freedman, who is an American and started off working as a business practitioner in top law firms in New York, Toronto and Tel Aviv, has expertise in Securities Tokens (demonstrated in a 4 part series published on Daily Fintech)
- Hélie d’Hautefort, Co-founder and CEO at Globcoin, an online multicurrency payments platform. Prior to Globcoin, he set up the first European currency overlay manager, which today has over USD23 billion of assets under management.
- Hogi Hyun, Founder and Director at Abacus Capital, a Southeast Asian fund management group based in Singapore with offices in Jakarta and Bangkok. Hyun brings over 30 years of banking and investment experience gleaned mainly in Asia and today oversees investment activities on behalf of clients in the private and public sectors across multiple asset classes and industries.
The announcement of the Deans List comes soon after Daily Fintech implemented its paid membership service on 17 September, 2019. The move to a paid model came after five years of the company providing its original daily fintech insights for free.
Announcing the unveiling of the Deans list, Daily Fintech CEO Bernard Lunn said, “We are very privileged to have these industry leaders join us as Deans and to help Daily Fintech decide on major new shifts in our content, so we can continue to deliver the kind of strategic fintech insights our members want. These accomplished fintech industry leaders come from all over the world and so will have the dual role of being both the voice of and a guide for the global fintech community on the most important issues impacting this increasingly borderless industry.”