A British company that has been investing in internet and information businesses had its best day on record last week. On-line Plc jumped nearly 400% on Friday after announcing plans to change its name to On-line Blockchain Plc, following an initial climb of 19% on Thursday when it first announced the news. It’s the biggest one-day gain for the small-cap company since its December 1996 listing. Source
Daily Fintech is more than 3yrs old and has been growing 100% organically since. This past week the CEO, Bernard Lunn, changed the look and feel of the platform and that doubled the views of the posts. If you are receiving this post you are in the great company of over 20,000 subscribers in 130 countries.
Our weekly wrap for week #42, as usual:
- The BBC Monday briefing offered insights on the price of Bitcoin, the CryptoRuble, Pirate Bay, and how Ethereum is different than Bitcoin.
- Reporting from SIBOS Mojaloop was one of three big cybercurrency stories from SIBOS 2017
- Reflecting from the 1st ICO summit roundtable ICOs executed in a centralized and non-transparent way – Blinded Founders & Customers
- Reporting from the south hemisphere: Australia’s first dedicated fintech festival Intersekt fires up
- Reflecting on the ICO market (feels like months ago) 3 hours that shook my world: the Bancor ICO in June 2017
- Opinion piece around P2P insurance Start-ups claim of ‘conflict of interest’ is a misleading claim to consumers
- Facts and figures: Shrinking Economy, Brexit blips can’t stop London’s Fintech Flourish – Record Year for Investments
The Fintech Genome platform
Do you agree that “Sunlight is the best disinfectant.”? That applies to ICOs too. Read more in 4 warning signs of an ICO scam or money burner
Check and participate in the crowdsourced research on Disruption in Life Insurance – who have we missed?
Join any of the conversations on the Fintech Genome. The global community is sharing insights, creating great conversations, and business is starting to happen.
If you enjoy reading the Daily Fintech insights by our experts then Subscribe to this newsletter.
If you want to engage and converse with the Fintech community then Register on Fintech Genome.