At that time, we were looking for two Authors – one on Insurtech on Thursday and the other on consumer banking and finance on Friday.
A few weeks later, on 24 March, we announced that Arun was taking over Friday, writing about how technology is changing consumer banking. You can see his posts here.
Now we want to focus on finding an Author to cover Insurtech on Thursday.
If you are passionate about Insurtech and you have what it takes to join our constellation of stars, please send an email to bernard at daily fintech dot com.
We have 5 Categories that coincide with the 5 days of the week:
* Monday = Blockchain, Bitcoin & Crypto
* Tuesday = Wealth Management & Capital Markets
* Wednesday = Small Business Finance
* Thursday = Insurance
* Friday = Consumer Banking & Finance.
Our Authors are globally recognized thought-leaders in their domain who are often speakers and moderators at industry conferences and highly valued consultants. Writing for Daily Fintech will connect you with our highly influential audience (currently over 17,000 subscribers).
Note that Daily Fintech is not an open platform. We only accept posts from Authors who commit as defined above. We are passionate about keeping a high signal to noise ratio for our subscribers.
Our Authors must:
* Commit to a weekly post within a specified domain and follow editorial guidelines. You must post on the same day/time every week within your domain. WordPress has a scheduling feature, which makes this easy to execute.
* Agree that there is no cash compensation and that Daily Fintech owns the content.
* Be free from corporate policies that might constrain what they could write. We want free agents who want to build their knowledge, network and reputation in this big, fast changing market.
* Follow journalistic best practices. Disclose any conflicts of interest, quote sources accurately and link to them, follow the usual rules about copyrighted content.
*Respect the time/attention of our subscribers. They are senior leaders. Offer them something they cannot get elsewhere and respect their time.
Key attributes of Daily Fintech Authors:
* Domain experience. We look for people who know the subject from real work experience.
* Intellectual Curiosity. We look for people who are “learn it alls not know it alls” and who recognize that whatever they learned in the past may change in the future.
* A passion for explaining complex subjects in engaging ways. We believe that real experts can make complex subjects accessible to people who have little background in that subject.
* Have a global mindset. Our subscribers are global. Today our Authors are in Switzerland, UK and Australia. We would like new Authors in America and Asia, but any location is acceptable as long as you have a global mindset.
Within these constraints you get a lot of creative freedom:
* We encourage our authors to write in their own style, with articles that are friendly and accessible and may draw on personal experience.
* There is no set length. Do whatever fits the subject; just be insightful.
* Post genre. You can do whatever suits the subject. You can do a trend analysis, interview (text or audio or video), single company analysis, landscape report. Whatever the format, offer new insight or knowledge that is helpful to subscribers.
Have a look at our editorial philosophy. If you are passionate about Insurtech and share this view of how to respect the attention of the influencers and leaders in this market, please send an email to bernard at daily fintech dot com.